BLACKSBURG, VA, November 15, 2011 – VPT Inc., a HEICO company (NYSE:HEI.A) (NYSE:HEI), today announced that the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has issued new Standard Microcircuit Drawings (SMDs) for more than 150 of VPT’s space grade, radiation hardened DC-DC power converter modules.
VPT”s rad hard SV Series of DC-DC converters are manufactured to MIL-PRF-38534 Class K, the highest level for products used in space environments. These products are suited for use in a wide variety of space applications including low Earth orbit (LEO) systems, geosynchronous Earth orbit (GEO) systems, deep space probes, and other demanding applications.
The specific space grade SV Series DC-DC converters now available
on DLA SMDs include:
- SMD# 5962-11219: 6W SVSA single output modules of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and 15V
- SMD# 5962-11216: 6W SVSA dual output modules of ±5V, ±12V, ±15V
- SMD# 5962-11218: 20W SVHF single output modules of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and 15V
- SMD# 5962-11215: 20W SVHF dual output modules of ±5V, ±12V, ±15V
- SMD# 5962-11220: 40W SVTR single output modules of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and 15V
- SMD# 5962-11223: 40W SVTR dual output modules of ±5V, ±12V, ±15V
- SMD# 5962-11217: 120W SVFL single output modules of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and 15V
- SMD# 5962-11214: 120W SVFL dual output modules of ±5V, ±12V, ±15V
“VPT’s space grade DC-DC power converters offer hgh power density, with small sizes and light weights, in a series of
standard, off-the-shelf modules,” explained Michael J. Bosmann, Senior Vice Pesident of VPT. “These new MIL-PRF-38534 Class K SMDs make procurement of rad hard modules significantly faster and easier, thereby reducing a system’s cost and time-to-market.”
About the SV Series of Space Grade DC-DC Converters
The VPT space grade products on the new SMDs are guaranteed rad hard per VPT’s Radiation Hardness Assuredness (RHA) Plan, which is registered and approved by the DLA. A key component of VPT’s RHA plan is the testing of products for enhanced low dose radiation sensitivity (ELDRS). Specific typical parameters of the testing involved of the SV Series of DC-DC power converters include:
- Characterized per VPT’s RHA plan specified per MIL-PRF-38534, Appendix G, Level P with 2x margin
- Characterized and tested for TID (total ionizing dose) at HDR (high dose rate) and LDR (low dose rate — ELDRS) per VPT’s RHA plan
- Characterization and testing is performed at the critical semiconductor component piece-part level (RLAT) from traceable semiconductor lots
- Characterization and testing also performed on the SV Series hybrid converter produced from the same traceable semiconductor lots evaluated during RLAT.
Developed recently to current stringent space program standards, VPT’s space grade DC-DC power converters offer the newest technology available and provide users with power solutions optimized for reliability and performance. All space grade products are designed and manufactured in a facility certified to MIL-STD-883 and MIL-PRF-38534 Class H (military) and K (space) and qualified to ISO 9001.
Historically, space grade components could have taken up to a year to ship from a manufacturer. With VPT’s production system and off-the-shelf converter design, VPT’s standard, MIL-PRF-38534 Class K power converters are typically delivered within weeks from order date.
For complete product datasheets, space product SMDs, rad hard testing parameters, a technical video, VPT’s DLA Radiation Hardness Assurance Certificate, or other technical information on the space grade SV Series of DC-DC converters, please visit www.vptpower.com
About VPT and HEICO
VPT, Inc., part of the HEICO Electronic Technologies Group, leads the industry in providing innovative DC-DC power converters, EMI filters, and custom engineering services for avionics, military, and space applications. VPT can deliver its patented power solutions in a fast timeframe, with certified quality, at a comfortable cost. Every day, organizations like NASA, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, the United States Air Force, and many more depend on quality solutions from VPT to power critical systems. Whether on the ground, in the air, or beyond, VPT provides the power driving critical missions today. For more information about VPT, please visit the web site at www.vptpower.com
HEICO Corporation (NYSE:HEI-A) (NYSE:HEI) is engaged primarily in certain niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries through its Hollywood, FL-based HEICO Aerospace Holdings Corp. subsidiary and its Miami, FL-based HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp. subsidiary. HEICO’s customers include a majority of the world’s airlines and airmotives as well as numerous defense and space contractors and military agencies worldwide in addition to medical, telecommunication and electronic equipment manufacturers. For more information about HEICO, please visit the web site at http://www.heico.com.