SVPL3R306S Point of Load DC-DC Converter
The SVPL Series of space qualified point-of-load DC-DC converters is specifically designed for the harsh radiation environment of space applications. Performance is guaranteed through the use of hardened semiconductor components and analysis. The SVPL Series has been characterized for Total Ionizing Dose (TID) performance including Enhanced Low Dose Rate Sensitivity (ELDRS) and for Single Event Effects (SEE) per VPT’s DLA-approved Radiation Hardness Assurance (RHA) plan per MIL-PRF-38534, Appendix G, Level R.
The SVPL3R306SG is based on the Intersil ISL70001ASEH radiation-hardened monolithic buck regulator. It is designed to operate from a nominal 3.3 V or 5 V bus. The SVPL3R306SG supplies low voltages at 6 A with high efficiency and fast transient response, making it an ideal choice to supply point-of-load applications such as high performance space processors.
Combine our extensive family of DC-DC converters for space with these point of load converters for space to create a light weight, extremely efficient, space-ready power system.
- Operates from 3.1 to 5.5 V input
- Adjustable output from 0.8 V to 3.8 V
- Up to 6 Amps output power
- High efficiency, up to 95%
- High power density, up to 73 W/in3
- Output enable control
- Low output noise
- Over current protection
- Bi-directional SYNC pin allows devices to be synchronized
- Low-profile precision projection-welded metal packaging: 1.075″ x 1.075″ x 0.270″. Max weight: 18 g
- Total Ionizing Dose Performance
- High Dose Rate [50-300 rad(Si)/s] ≥ 100 krad(Si)
- Low Dose Rate [<10 mrad(Si)/s] ≥ 100 krad(Si)
- Single Event Effects Performance:
- SEL, SEB, and SEGR LETTH ≥ 85 MeV/mg/cm2
- SEFI Threshold LETTH ≥ 42 MeV/mg/cm2
- SEFI X-section (LETEFF = 85 MeV/mg/cm2) ≤ 8.25×10-7cm2
- Set fully characterized for cross section and magnitude
- Operation from -55°C to +125°C
- Worst case analysis, stress, radiation and reliability reports available
Compliances and Certifications:
- Qualified to MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K. DLA SMD# 5962-16213
- MIL-PRF-38534 element evaluated components
- Manufactured in a MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K facility
For complete specifications, please see the official datasheet.
To provide you with the most accurate data for the actual performance of this product once deployed, please note that the electrical performance data provided below is at Tcase = -55°C to 125°C, Vin= +5V ± 1%, Vout = 3.3V ± 1%, full load, unless otherwise specified.
Select a product to view its specifications:
|Output Voltage||Full Load, Adjustable Vout||-1.5||+1.5||%Vout|
|Efficiency||Vin = 5V, Vout= 3.3V, Iout = 6 A||87||92||%|
|Output Ripple||Full Load|
20Hz to 10MHz