SVGA0510S Point of Load DC-DC Converter
As the world’s first RAD HARD point of load converter, VPT’s SVGA Series is mission proven in systems launching for LEO, MEO, GEO, and deep space missions. Qualified to MIL-PRF-38534 Class K on DLA SMDs, these off-the-shelf units help you get your system off the ground fast. View VPT’s space program heritage.
The SVGA Series is an extremely efficient point of load DC-DC converter for stepping down voltage at the point of use. It is ready for rugged duty with characterization to 100 krad(Si) total dose radiation under VPT’s certified radiation program per MIL-PRF-38534, Appendix G.
Operating at a nominal frequency of 250 kHz, these regulated non-isolated converters are optimized for low voltage point of load applications with high efficiency synchronous rectification and fast transient response. The SVGA point-of-load converters are designed and manufactured in a facility qualified to ISO9001 and certified to MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K and MIL-STD-883.
- Much higher efficiency than linear regulators – up to 94% efficient
- High reliability
- Operates from 5V input
- Adjustable output voltage from 0.8V to 3.4V
- Up to 10A or 33W output power
- Wide case temperature operation of -55°C to +125°C with full performance over temperature range
- High power density, >100W/in>3
- Output inhibit control
- Low output noise
- No use of optoisolators
- Short circuit protection
- Precision projection welded 100% hermetic package
- Also available in 15A version
- MIL-PRF-38534 element evaluated components
- Guaranteed TID performance to 100 krad(Si) including ELDRS, per VPT’s RHA plan specified per MIL-PRF-38534, Appendix G, Level R 100 krad(Si). After radiation exposure, converter testing is performed at 25°C per standard datasheet limits.
- SEE characterized to 85 MeV-cm2/mg with minor transients only; no dropouts, shutdowns, latch up or burn out.
- Characterization is performed at both the component level and at the SVGA series hybrid converter level.
- Worst Case analysis, Stress, Radiation and Reliability reports available*
Compliances and Certifications:
- Available to MIL-PRF-38534 Class K. DLA SMD# 5962-12219
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H element evaluated components standard
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K facility manufacturing
- MIL-STD-883 military and space environmental screening
- VPTs Radiation Hardness Assurance (RHA) Plan certified by DLA to MIL-PRF-38534 Appendix G
For complete specifications, please see the official datasheet.
To provide you with the most accurate data for the actual performance of this product once deployed, please note that the electrical performance data provided below is at Tcase = -55°C to 125°C, Vin= +5V ± 5%, Vout = 3.3V, full load, unless otherwise specified.
Select a product to view its specifications:
|Input Voltage||Vout = 0.8V to 2.5V|
Vout = 2.6V to 3.3V
|Output Voltage||Full Load, Adjustable Vout||-1.5||+1.5||%Vout|
|Output Ripple||Full Load|
20Hz to 10MHz