SVFA0510S Point of Load DC-DC Converter
The SVFA Series of space qualified point of load DC-DC converters is specifically designed for the harsh radiation environment of space applications. Performance is guaranteed through the use of hardened semiconductor components, radiation lot acceptance testing (RLAT) of non-hardened components, and analysis.
The SVFA Series has been characterized for Total Ionizing Dose (TID) performance including Enhanced Low Dose Rate Sensitivity (ELDRS) and for Single Event Effects (SEE) according to VPT’s DLA-approved Radiation Hardness Assurance (RHA) plan per MIL-PRF-38534, Appendix G, Level P. Characterization is performed at both the component level and at the SVFA Series hybrid converter level.
The SVFA Series of point of load DC-DC converters is radiation tolerant and suited for use in low Earth orbit (LEO), medium Earth orbit (MEO), geostationary orbit (GEO), deep space, and launch vehicle programs.
- Operates from 5 V input
- Adjustable output from 0.8 V to 3.4 V
- Up to 10 Amps output power
- High efficiency, up to 94%
- High power density, up to 100 W/in3
- Output inhibit control
- Low output noise
- No use of optoisolators
- Short circuit protection
- Guaranteed TID performance to 40 krad(Si) including ELDRS.
- SEE performance to 85 MeV-cm2/mg. Transients are fully characterized for cross section and magnitude.
- Worst case analysis, stress, radiation and reliability reports available.
Compliances and Certifications:
- Qualified to MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K. DLA SMD# 5962-16212
- MIL-PRF-38534 element evaluated components
- Manufactured in a MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K facility
For complete specifications, please see the official datasheet.
To provide you with the most accurate data for the actual performance of this product once deployed, please note that the electrical performance data provided below is at Tcase = -55°C to 125°C, Vin= +5V ± 1%, unless otherwise specified.
Select a product to view its specifications:
|Input Voltage||Vout = 0.8V to 2.5V|
Vout = 2.6V to 3.3V
|Output Voltage||Full Load, Adjustable Vout||-1.0|
|Output Ripple||Full Load|
20Hz to 10MHz