VPT’s SV Series of DC-DC converters are mission proven in systems launching for LEO, MEO, GEO, and deep space missions. Qualified to MIL-PRF-38534 Class K on DLA SMDs, these off-the-shelf units help you get your system off the ground fast. View VPT’s space program heritage.
With no stacked capacitors, the SVFL family of DC-DC converters utilize well controlled under-voltage lockout circuitry to eliminate slow start-up problems. Current sharing enables parallel operation of up to five units for 5x power output.
- Dual outputs of ±5V, ±12V, and ±15V
- Wide 16V to 40V input range with 50V transient
- Up to 120W output power
- Parallel operation with current sharing up to five units
- Fault tolerant design with radiation immune magnetic isolation technology – no optoisolators
- Extremely low profile (.400 inches) and light weight (86g) fully hermetic packaging
- Wide case temperature operation of -55° C to +125° C with no power derating
- 500Vdc input/output isolation
- Fixed switching frequency
- Characterized and guaranteed to 30krads (Si) per VPTs RHA plan specified per MIL-PRF-38534, Appendix G, Level P with 2x margin
- Characterized and tested for TID (total ionizing dose) at HDR (high dose rate) and LDR (low dose rate ELDRS) per VPTs RHA plan
- SEE characterized for no destructive events up to LET = 44 MeV-cm2/mg including SEB, SEL, SEGR, and SEFI. No dropouts, shutdowns, latch up or burn out
- Characterization and testing is performed at the critical semiconductor component piece-part level (RLAT) from traceable semiconductor lots
- Characterization and testing also performed on the SVFL Series hybrid converter produced from the same traceable semiconductor lots evaluated during RLAT
Compliances and Certifications
- Available to MIL-PRF-38534 Class K on DLA SMD# 5962-11214
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H element evaluated components standard
- MIL-STD-704 input voltage requirements
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K facility manufacturing
- MIL-STD-883 military and space environmental screening
- Meets MIL-STD-461 C-F conducted emissions requirements when used with a DVME28 EMI filter
- VPTs Radiation Hardness Assurance (RHA) Plan certified by DLA to MIL-PRF-38534 Appendix G
For complete specifications, please see the official datasheet.
To provide you with the most accurate data for the actual performance of this product once deployed, please note that the electrical performance data provided below is at Tcase = -55° C to 125° C, Vin= +28V +-5%, full load, unless otherwise specified.
|Output Voltage(2)||Full Load, +Vo|
|Output Power(3)||Vin: 16-40V||0||100||0||110||0||120||W|
|Efficiency||Vin: 28V, Full Load||73||79||79||85||80||85||%|
|Input Ripple||Full Load, 20Hz to 10MHz||30||80||35||80||40||80||mApp|
|Output Ripple||Full Load, 20Hz to 10MHz||15||80||25||80||30||80||mVpp|
|Load Regulation(2)||No Load to Full, +Vo|
|Line Regulation||Vin: 16 to 40V, +Vo|
|Cross Regulation||+Load 70%, -Load 30%|
+Load 30%, -Load 70%
Subject to all export restrictions and export regulations including but not limited to the Export Administration and Foreign Assets Control Regulations. Further restrictions may apply; contact VPT for details.