Packing 100W with a power density greater than 60W/in3, the VPT100-2800D Series of converters offers extremely efficient operation. The VPT100-2800D is based on proven, military heritage electrical designs and ideal for military vehicle, shipboard, weapons, commercial avionics or other hi-rel applications.
Up to 100W output power
Dual outputs of +/-12V and +/-15V
Very high efficiency up to 89%
Very low output noise
Wide input voltage range: 16 to 40 Volts per MIL-STD-704 and MIL-STD-1275 with 50V transient
Full performance over a wide temperature range of -55 °C to +100 °C, no power derating necessary
Output voltage trim up +10% or down -20%
Six-sided metal cases for improved EMI performance and mechanical/environmental performance
NO use of optoisolators
- Host of circuit protection features
- High power density: > 60 W/in3
Fixed switching frequency
Compliances and Certifications
- MIL-STD-1275 when used with a VPTPCM-12
- MIL-STD-704A input voltage requirements
- MIL-STD-461C-F when used with a VPT VPTF10-28 or VPTF20 EMI filter
- DEF STAN 61-5 and DEF STAN 59-411 when used with a VPTc10-28 EMI filter
- Environmental screening to JESD22, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-883
- J-STD-001, ISO-9001, IPC-A-610 Class 3 manufacturing
For complete specifications, please see the official datasheet.
To provide you with the most accurate data for the actual performance of this product once deployed, please note that the electrical performance data provided below is at Tcase = -55° C to +100° C, Vin= +28V ±5%, full load, unless otherwise specified.
Transient, 1 sec
|Output Voltage||Full Load||11.70||12.00 ||12.30 ||14.625||15.00||15.375||27.16||28.0||28.84||Vdc|
|Efficiency||Vin: 28V, Full Load||87||90||87||91||85||88||%|
|Input Ripple4||Full Load, 20Hz to 10MHz||200||200||200||mApp|
|Output Ripple||Full Load, 20Hz to 10MHz||150||150||300||mVpp|
|Load Regulation2||No Load to Full Load||100||100||100||mV|
|Line Regulation||Vin: 16-40V||50||50||50||mV|
(1) Transient time up to 1 second.
(2) Equal load at each output.
(3) Each output can only support 70% of power.
(4) >Half load at +VOUT and half load at VOUT.