Work with Industry Innovators
If you enjoy working in a cutting edge technology environment for the world’s most exciting aerospace, defense, and space applications, then we’d like to hear from you.
We are dedicated to solving our customers’ challenges with on-target, reliable power electronics solutions. VPT’s technology focus paired with a fun, energetic environment offers you the chance to contribute to innovation while achieving your career goals.
We offer competitive salaries, top flight benefits, and a dynamic work environment, all in state-of-the art facilities. VPT is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently accepting applications for talent in these areas:
- Analog power design engineering
- Process engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Packaging engineering
- Application engineering
- Information technology
- Document control
Our team is always growing. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Document Control Specialist Job Opening:
The document control specialist will collect, maintain and distribute all documents necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes that insure conformance to customer requirements; maintains a comprehensive electronic filing system / document database for all documents to be retained in the Quality Management System (QMS); manages the operation of the document control and part number centers to ensure that all users have the latest revision of appropriate documentation and part numbers in a timely manner.
1. Controls the Document Module in the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Organize the routing of documents throughout the process from conceptualization, approvals, distribution and filing
- Maintain a flexible schedule based on manufacturing requirements
- Assure the conformance to record retention requirements
- Assist with internal and external audits as necessary
2. Document Distributions
- Update Document Indexes for various off-site locations
- Weekly Distribution(s) of newly released documentation/drawings to off-site locations
- Field documentation inquiries from off-site personnel
3. Part Number Management
- Maintain the Part Number Database for raw materials and product assemblies
- Process requests for new part number entries and part number updates
- Field part number and Source Control Drawing inquiries from off-site personnel
4. Technical Writing - Generate or revise:
- Source Control Drawings (SCD)
- Bills of Material (BOM)
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Product Datasheets and Application Notes
- Forms for various departments
- Minimum Associates Degree required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio) required
- Document Control or Quality Assurance experience in either: Manufacturing, Design or Medical fields preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) a plus
- Experience with Electronic Document Systems is a plus
- Excellent Attention to Detail
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
VPT, Inc. offers a friendly and comfortable work environment in a new State-of-the-Art professional facility located in beautiful Blacksburg, Virginia. VPT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Vet/Disability Employer.
IT Administrator Job Opening:
VPT, Inc. is seeking an information technology professional to support all aspects of business operations. This position represents an addition to an existing two-person team and will involve a broad range of responsibilities, including (but not limited to): ERP system development / reporting, IT infrastructure maintenance, network & server administration, end-user / helpdesk support, IT audit compliance, and other miscellaneous projects. The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Accounting Information Systems with at least three years of relevant work experience. The candidate should demonstrate prior knowledge of most of the following:
- SQL Server administration and reporting
- ERP / MRP Reporting
- Windows Server administration
- Hyper-V with Failover Clustering support
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- C/AL, C#, VB, VB.net and PowerShell
- Networking including firewalls, routing, VPNs, and SANs
This is a full time position located in Blacksburg, VA. Our company offers an excellent benefits package upon full-time hire including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and paid time off.
The position will involve occasional after-hours work as well as on-call availability for urgent situations. Occasional travel to VPT domestic and international locations may be required. Compensation offered commensurate with skills & experience. VPT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Vet/Disability Employer.